In partnership with the privately contracted comprehensive housing management services at each property, First Community Housing provides enhanced, on-site resident services. These services are customized to the needs of tenants via needs assessment surveys, tenant community meetings and partnerships with service-based non profit organizations.
On-site services include:
- Digital Connectors Program at Rincon de los Esteros
- Computer training classes and labs
- Youth literacy program
- English as Second Language [ESL] classes
- College application assistance
- Provision of after-school and weekend recreation activities
- Provision of free “Eco Passes” to all Santa Clara County residents
- “Gift of Reading” Programs
- First-time home buyer’s courses
- Gang prevention programs
- After-school homework clubs
- Financial literacy classes
- California Lifeline is a program that provides basic home phone service at a discount to eligible households.
- PG&E offers Financial Assistance programs that provide monthly discounts on your energy bills.
- Comcast offers a program called Internet Essentials where families whose children receive free or reduced price school lunches may qualify for affordable home internet service ($9.95/month), a low-cost laptop and internet training. For Spanish speakers, call 1.855.765.6995 or visit Internetbasico.com.